Central New Jersey is a great place to visit this summer. You will find activities and events throughout the region to enjoy every day of the week. State Park camping adventures, hiking, swimming, live music, the horse track, and a little luck at the poker table are waiting to be discovered and thoroughly enjoyed by you, your friends, and your family. Feel free to reach out to the team at CENTURY 21 Action Plus Realty when you are in town. We’re thinking you won’t want to leave and will need a permanent place to stay. We’ve got you covered!
1. Safety First: New Jersey has one of the lowest crime rates in the country, and was recently ranked the fifth safest state in the country by USA Today. You, your friends, and your family can enjoy a day’s adventure and peace of mind when you employ everyday common sense best practices. For example, common sense would dictate to keep a relatively low profile after striking it rich at one of the casinos in Atlantic City, NJ…at least until you can safely secure your winnings.
2. Atlantic City Casinos: A short drive south of Central New Jersey will bring you to the casino of your choice for a chance of gaming treasure. From penny slots to high stakes poker there is a gaming excitement to fit any budget. When you’re feeling frugal and don’t want to spend your casino stash filling up your gas tank and driving south, you can stop by the local track in Monmouth County and try your luck with the horses.
3. Monmouth Park Racetrack: The original racetrack was opened in 1870 by the Monmouth Park Association to promote tourism and grow the local economy. The racetrack for thoroughbred horse racing has a long and storied past. The Monmouth Park Racetrack's current season runs from May to Labor Day. The parking is free in 2022. General admission is $6 with no additional clubhouse fee. Monmouth Park organizes “Family Fun Days” with free activities for children on Sundays. There is also a mini golf course everyone can enjoy. Upcoming events include a “Live & Local Music Festival”, an “NJ Thoroughbred Festival” in August, and a “BBQ & Craft Beer Festival” in September.
4. Asbury Park Beaux-Arts Buildings: Take a walk through time as you explore the historical buildings around Asbury Park. The Asbury Park Casino and Carousel House buildings stand as reminders of the ornate and decorative architecture of the Beaux-Arts style taught in the 1800s at the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris. The carousel was sold and found a new home in South Carolina in 1990, but the building remains. The town has recently renovated the building with a new roof, new glass, and a cupola. The Carousel House is now used as an entertainment venue by bands and local theater groups. A mini bowl and skate park have also been installed, recognizing the recreational needs of the local skateboarding community.
5. Asbury Park Boardwalk: Take a walk on the boardwalk when your walk through time is complete. There’s a lot of modern cultural treasure to experience that is alive, colorful, and thriving. That treasure includes the ocean for a day's swim or a little surfing. The boardwalk website provides a full surf report and wavecast so you’ll know when the barrels are rolling in. The boardwalk is home to family fun, shopping, and colorful nightlife. Stop by and try your hand at one of 200 classic electromechanical or digital pinball machines at the Silverball Museum before the band takes the stage at The Stone Pony.
6. The Stone Pony: Take in a show at this legendary venue which first opened its doors in 1973. The Stone Pony is recognized as the venue that launched the careers of legendary New Jersey artists Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, as well as Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. Musical artists old and new will be gracing the stage this summer in Asbury Park, NJ. Witness a legend, or a legend in the making, in Central New Jersey.
7. State Parks: New Jersey manages over 452,000 acres of land made up of recreational areas, forests, historical sites, and state parks. If you were lucky at the casino or the horse track you can invest your winnings in a new tent and camping gear to enjoy a peaceful night in the forest: or perhaps pick up a new gravel bike or mountain bike to explore the trails. If you weren’t so lucky at the casino you can find the perfect hiking stick trailside (for less than the price of a penny slot) and enjoy a day hike at a state park. There are a lot of state parks to explore. The New Jersey State Park Service strives to provide exceptional recreational opportunities including hiking, camping, biking, and swimming. Let the fun begin, naturally.
CENTURY 21 Action Plus Realty has offices strategically located in Monmouth, Ocean, Middlesex, and Mercer counties. We look forward to helping you find your new home in Central New Jersey. Contact us today!