Summer is just around the corner and it’s a great time to sell your home in Central New Jersey. Historically June has been the fastest month to sell a home in New Jersey and July has shown the highest median sale price of a home. The team at CENTURY 21 Action Plus Realty looks forward to helping you through the process of preparing your home to sell in Central New Jersey. When you partner with a seller's agent from CENTURY 21 Action Plus you are connecting to a wealth of marketing resources and decades of local knowledge.
• Partner with a real estate agent: When you are getting ready to sell your home in Central New Jersey the first thing to do is to partner with a seller's agent. There are many things you can do on the home front, as listed below. Having a helping hand to guide you will keep you on the right track (minimize expense, maximum exposure, and get the best price for your home). You will have the marketing power of the CENTURY 21® System to sell your home…with over 7,000 offices worldwide to attract buyers far and near.
• Curbside appeal #1: The outside of your home is the first thing a buyer will see. It is the first impression you will make and you want to make a good one. Keeping up with your yard maintenance routine is paramount. A freshly mowed yard with trimmed hedges, weeded garden, freshly mulched flower beds, trimmed bushes, and conservatively pruned trees will set the stage very nicely.
• Curbside appeal #2: You have taken great care with the yard work, good on you! But it isn't time to open the curtains for the showing quite yet. You will want to take great care in presenting the outside of your home. Clean the front porch and remove any clutter. Wash the windows. A fresh coat of paint on the front door is always a crowd pleaser, and a new garage door is sometimes a great idea. It is best to consult with your seller's agent to determine if installing a new garage door is in your best interest. It is a relatively inexpensive curbside appeal upgrade to your home. Your seller's agent will be pricing your home to get the best price for you with respect to the current market. They will know if a garage door, or any upgrades, will provide any noticeable ROI (or quicken a sale).
• Check for underground tanks: New Jersey has millions of underground tanks on single family home properties. An out of service, leaking oil tank can really throw a monkey wrench into the deal. You can peruse the 130+ page document on the rules and regulations of New Jersey underground storage tanks, or delegate the matter to someone else … perhaps someone who has been working with home sellers in the Central New Jersey real estate market for over thirty years! That will free up some time for you to get inside your house to clean and paint!
• Clean, clean, clean: It’s time to roll up your sleeves and clean the inside of your home…everything. Clean the floors, clean the walls, clean the appliances, and clean underneath the appliances. When you are finished cleaning, clean some more. You can always hire this labor intensive process out to a professional, or delegate it to family or friends provided you’re a smooth talker or they owe you one. The choice is yours, but it needs to get done.
• Paint: You will want to brighten up the interior rooms in your home with a fresh coat of paint. Light neutral colors are always recommended, as they will reflect light and make a room feel larger. It is very important to consider a lighter color in any room with darker colored paint.
We look forward to working with you to sell your home in Central New Jersey. Every home is different. We will help identify your best course of action in preparing your home to sell. Contact CENTURY 21 Action Plus Realty today!