This diverse and thriving region offers its residents and visitors a wealth of cultural, recreational, and educational opportunities. Middlesex County combines the best of urban and suburban living with easy access to both New York City and the Jersey Shore.
Living in Middlesex County
Middlesex County provides residents with a harmonious blend of urban convenience, suburban comfort, and natural beauty. The region offers excellent schools, diverse employment opportunities, and easy access to major cities like New York and Philadelphia. Residents enjoy a variety of recreational activities, with many parks, trails, and cultural attractions that cater to all interests. With its diverse neighborhoods, shops, restaurants, and thriving arts scene, Middlesex County presents a vibrant and fulfilling lifestyle for its residents.
Middlesex County is home to many museums and cultural centers, including:
- Zimmerli Art Museum: A world-class museum located on the Rutgers University campus, featuring an extensive collection of American and international art.
- Thomas Edison Center at Menlo Park: A historic site dedicated to the life and work of inventor Thomas Edison, featuring exhibits and educational programs.
- State Theatre New Jersey: A historic venue hosting live performances, concerts, and community events.
Parks & Recreation
The county has a variety of parks and green spaces for outdoor enthusiasts, such as:
- Rutgers Gardens: A picturesque botanical garden featuring themed gardens, walking trails, and educational programs.
- Cheesequake State Park: A versatile park offering hiking, fishing, camping, and swimming opportunities amid diverse ecosystems.
- Johnson Park: A scenic riverside park with playgrounds, sports fields, picnic areas, and a small zoo.
Education & Research
Middlesex County is a hub for education and research, with notable institutions like:
- Rutgers University: A prestigious public research university offering undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines.
- Middlesex County College: A comprehensive community college providing educational opportunities and career training.
- Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory: A cutting-edge research facility focused on the development of fusion energy technology.
For family friendly fun, Middlesex County offers a range of attractions, including:
- The Funplex East Hanover: An indoor amusement center featuring rides, arcade games, bowling, and laser tag.
- Bowcraft Amusement Park: A family-friendly amusement park with rides, attractions, and entertainment for all ages.
- The Insectropolis Bugseum: A unique museum dedicated to the world of insects, featuring interactive exhibits and live specimens.
Dining & Shopping
Middlesex County's diverse culinary scene features a wide variety of international cuisines and farm-to-table dining experiences. The area also offers numerous shopping options, such as:
- Menlo Park Mall: A large shopping mall featuring popular retailers, dining options, and a movie theater.
- Downtown New Brunswick: A vibrant district with local boutiques, galleries, and restaurants.
- Woodbridge Center: A bustling shopping center with a wide range of retail and dining options.
Middlesex County Real Estate
The region offers an attractive mix of urban living with contemporary condos and townhomes in city centers, as well as spacious single family homes in suburban neighborhoods. Middlesex County also features charming historic homes that showcase the area's rich past. If you have any questions about available properties in Middlesex County, be sure to contact CENTURY 21 Action Plus Realty. You can also view current listings in Middlesex County below.